Monday, January 08, 2007

thanksgiving!

dear all, i will begin this whole series of blogging about my usa exchange with thanksgiving as I can't help but feel indebted to many people's kindness. Hence, they definitely deserve some bit of mention right here.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

First up will be my aunt & uncle. My aunt for sacrificing her study time (yes, she's taking some psychology masters course), even jeopardizing her grades just to help me make sure procedures like medical check up, visa application etc. have been done. Thank God for my uncle as well, who helped check out and buy various things for me like my contact lenses, luggage etc.

I think behind the hard work of chauffeuring me all around Singapore, from NTU to US embassy, waiting while I'm doing my medical check up, buying supplements and all, is really a desire to see me, whom they regard as one of their own, excel in the work I will do.

That's why sometimes I'm afraid that I will disappoint them one day and seeing their efforts go to waste. But... I guess I will just give every opportunity that comes by in my life, my best shot and see where God leads.

I can pray a thousand over blessings upon their lives, which I do when I remember (haha), but nothing will beat knowing the Savior JESUS Himself. And I hope and believe they will one day.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Then...here's my grandma. I guess she's kind of given up on her cool and funky hair that she doesn't bother to comb it anymore. Please keep her in prayers as she's still not saved yet too and she cried when she knew I'd be leaving.

Extremely thankful that she's been faithful and committed for the past 20 years, I suppose, to my upbringing, and always so afraid that I'd become a pai2 kia4. Aunty Barbara said she had the will to see me grow up and I hope she will live to see the day I graduate, work, & get married (er, ???).

I can't say I've learnt to appreciate her but I'm still trying, though sometimes I think I'm on the verge of giving up. Nonetheless, I guess deep down, I'm really thankful for this grandmummy I have =)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And introducing my family of pretty cousins and handsome cousin, not so now though, since he'd put on weight. It's hard to pull off as good looking when you're big in size, I feel, haha! Thank God for the joy they bring me, especially zinc and cen and qian, the three cousins I'm closer to... :)

Well, I'm not the family-oriented type of person lah. Sometimes I wonder why have families but I guess without them, my life would have been starkly different and more lonely so at the end of it all, THANK GOD FOR THEM ALL.

I have many many many more to thank, like everyone who'd prayed for me, with me for this exchange. It's so God-given! :) People who have invested their time in my life, even if it's only a few minutes of sharing, I really appreciate those moments. I'm too lazy to blog on. I'm down with flu again.

Please keep me in prayers and some pointers are -
1) To be able to take JOUR modules and successful subject matching & good timetables
2) Build meaningful friendships, easy-going and understanding housemates, great learning opportunities, and open doors to share about Jesus
3) Extension of visa (trying to work out an internship), letters of recommendation to be done
4) Personal, luggage and documents safety
5) Finances
6) To be able to move in when we reach on 16 Jan
7) Settle down in a Spirit-filled church
8) Travel opportunities & good lobangs!!!!

No comments: